Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jeter's setback

The general Manager of the New York Yankees, Brian Cashman, has announced that star shortstop Derek Jeter is possibly on the disabled list for opening day. Edwardo Nunez will be the one to take his spot.

Jeter must miss some games because his rehab has been rushed and the Yankees won't take any chances with a franchise player like Jeter.


"I feel great," Nunez said after the Yankees' 4-0 victory over the Red Sox on Wednesday at The Boss. "I feel so comfortable, confident in myself. I think I've fixed a lot of my defense this year."


Edwardo Nunez did make an error in the bombers' previous spring training game, but in his defense it was a nasty hop and he didn't have a large chance at throwing him out if he caught it. I think Nunez is ready for the season.

How do you think the Yankees season will pan out with Granderson, Jeter, Texiera, Hughes, and Rodriguez out with injuries? Not good. Post your opinion in the comments box.

By David B.



1 comment:

  1. It appears that the Yankees will struggle this year.....so many players hurt and now to hear that Derek Jetter may not be available to play on opening day is another downer for the Yankees...oh well, that's Baseball....it's not enough to have all the talent needed, the talent has to stay healthy and be willing to play together as a team..

    ReplyDelete